RETURNS and SUPPORT POLICY for INTRUDERSHIELD AUSTRALIA
A.B.N. 217 0864 3950
Your purchase includes FREE technical support by Phone or Email. Plus we offer a simple one off return policy for defective Intrudershield alarms. The warranty extends to 12 months from the date of purchase.
- If you believe you have a defective product please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 3 9888 6522 or Text 0419 311 327 during business hours and we will help you troubleshoot the problem. If at this point the product is deemed defective within 12 months of invoice, it may be replaced with a new unit on the return of the defective unit, (including shipping at our expense). Please refer to point 2 regarding condition of the Intrudershield alarm unit. Final determination of defective status and processing is at the discretion of IntruderShield Australia and the product manufacturer.
- If a product has been purchased but the purchaser has changed their mind after receiving the item, this does not qualify for return status unless it is defective. We are conscious that circumstances can alter in a short time but Intrudershield will not accept these circumstances as a reason to alter the original terms of sale.
- Merchandise returned within 60 days that has been opened but is in new condition, in original packaging complete with all included accessories, will be deemed returned as new. Merchandise that has been installed incorrectly or outside the guidelines of the manufacturers instruction booklet, roughly used, marred altered, or damaged cannot be returned and falls outside the Intrudershield warranty and the manufacturer’s warranty. This includes the product packaging and materials, so please do not write on or attach labels to any product packaging or documentation. For used alarms which have ceased working, but within a 12 month period, the condition will be assessed as normal wear and tear if there is no discernible damage. Special orders, batteries, books and remote control devices are not eligible for credit or refund.
- Prior to returning any item(s), please contact Intrudershield Australia to obtain a return merchandise authorization. Returns MUST be pre-approved and must be returned complete with original documentation, accessories and packaging in original condition as far as is possible or they may be refused (returned to sender) and/or additional restocking charges will be levied at our discretion.
Our returns policy and procedure includes a one off delivery freight cost of which Intrudershield may shoulder the expense and is equivalent to the standard Australia Post 3 Kg shipping fee per unit to be returned. The default carrier for Intrudershield is Australia Post and we agree to comply to their guidelines as detailed on their website https://auspost.com.au/about-us/corporate-information/our-company/policies
We will not be responsible to the loss or damage of returned item(s) by couriers, so we suggest that you insure your shipments and ensure they can be traced with a delivery signature for your protection. Items damaged during shipping can be refused or returned to the sender at sender’s expense.
EXTENT and CONDITIONS of WARRANTY
We are an Australian-owned company that believes in the product, so with each unit you will get a full 12 month replacement warranty for our security system. Please make sure to take the time to peruse and understand the warranty conditions. The warranty or the Intrudershield guarantee is conditional on —
- a. The burglar alarm only being used indoors.
- b. The burglar alarm being used as directed.
- c. The burglar alarm never being opened or disassembled.
- d. The burglar alarm being handled with reasonable care so as not to damage the unit.
Please note that if these conditions are not met, the warranty will be voided.
REFUSED and UNDELIVERABLE SHIPMENTS
Any refused shipments or orders that cannot be delivered for any reason including incorrect or incomplete address, missing codes, customer unavailable for delivery, etc. that are returned to us by the courier will be assessed to attract a $15.00 AUD restocking fee plus the cost of the returned shipment and the original freight cost. If the customer requests that these orders be re-shipped, we will waive the 15% restocking charge. Refused international shipments will be refunded less a $25 AUD restocking fee and we will also deduct round trip freight and any duties, taxes and brokerage fees that may be incurred.
DEFECTIVE PRODUCT UNDER MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Defective original product is subject to Intrudershield Australia and the original manufacturer’s warranty policies and procedures, but not damaged product. Product warranty is the responsibility of the above mentioned entities which will not accept any additional liability including any damage or loss of income or injury derived from incorrect use of the product, including water damage from any source. Intrudershield Australia will do our best to facilitate warranty where possible for your convenience. These items may be replaced with a similar model. Intrudershield does not offer a repair service , only a return and exchange service.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT and LIMITATIONS
We offer free technical support on new product purchased directly from and limited to Intrudershield Australia. For product purchased from other resellers or other online stores or second-hand arrangements and not sourced through Intrudershield Australia, then please contact your place of purchase or procurement. Our free technical support is meant to help answer initial set-up questions and to help if something goes wrong. We reserve the right to limit technical support at our sole discretion and where we feel the customer/installer requires more support than we can provide in a reasonable time by telephone or email. If we are unable to solve a problem we will request the customer/installer to determine their own contacts for additional support.
We trust you have a trouble free experience and THANK YOU for your business – Intrudershield Australia.